Sunday, June 9, 2013

Journal Set 3

People I admire
Since I remember myself, I always interested in music, art and architecture. I can spend hour, days, months listening music of different genres and watching pieces of talents from all over the world. Akira Nakayama, Till Lindemann, Ito Toyo, Vivienne Westwood, Ando Tadao, Nathaniel Baldwin, Akira Yamaoka, Richard Melville Hall … I can continue this list on and on, so delightful are their works for me. By reason of choosing Japanese culture as a main topic of my blog, I decide to acquaint you with Japanese people I admire a most. 

Ando Tadao, Japanese architect, was born in 1951 in Osaka, Japan. The most important detail of his life is that he never had a special training in the architecture field, the only thing what he done for his future career is attending night classes to develop his drawing skills and taking interior design courses. Watching his works I wonder how talented he is to make such marvelous without at least graduating special school. He started his career being a truck driver, in course of time he became boxer prior and after these all he decides to engage with architecture. Here are pictures of his works. 


Westin Awaji Island hotel.
Hyogo prefectural museum of art.
Church on the Water.


Ando Tadao’s uses in his works natural lights and simplicity of forms, what makes his works harmonious and unique. Here some additional photos.
Church of the Light.
Sayamaki.
Akira Yamaoka.

Akira Yamaoka, Japanese composer and sound designer, is the second person whom I want to write about. Unlike Ando Tadao, he finished Tokyo Art College in field of interior design and product design. Seems to be absolutely irrelevant to the music, but Akira Yamaoka in interviews says that experience of designer helped him to create his own style by combining art and music. He starts his video game composer career working with big corporations such as Konami, Electronic Arts, etc., but his world fame his get after making soundtracks for “Silent Hill” game. "Breeze in monochrome night", "Dance with night wind", "Tears of..."  are my favorite works of Akira Yamaoka; I think they are really breathtaking. 




No comments:

Post a Comment