Saturday, June 1, 2013

Journal Set 2 ( Multi-media Entry)



Plastic Tree

One of the bands performed at Nippon Budokan was Plastic Tree. This is video from the oppenining part of their performance at Nippon Budokan.

Plastic Tree Tent.

Nippon Budokan, 2009.
From left to right: Sasabuchi Hiroshi, Nakayama Akira, Arimura Ryutaro and Hasegawa Tadashi.

A little information about Plastic Tree.
Plastic Tree is a visual kei (branch of j-rock music) band formed in 1993 and one of my favorite bands since 2010. Plastic Tree is well-known by their abstract and mysterious lyrics and unusual music. They play mix of indie rock, punk, and heavier grunge. Members of band were mostly influenced by britrock, especially by The Cure and Radiohead (also my favorite bands ^__^). I read their interviews and watched their videos and I think they all are very weird. It reflects on their music style. I think it can be hard to understand their songs. As I mention before, lyrics are marvelous and abstract, they evoke very intricate emotions. Current members of band are Ryutaro (backup guitar, vocal), Tadashi (bass guitar), Nakayama Akira (lead guitar) and Satou Kenken (drums). Before Satou Kenken Plastic Tree have changed drummers 3 times. My favorite drummer Sasabuchi Hiroshi left in 2009 and joined another band. I was so upset, he is really masterly drummer and irreplaceable member of the band. During his participation remarkable albums such Traumerei, Nega to Posi, Chandelier were released. The other person amazed me is Akira Nakayama, lead guitarist of the band. I think his performance is magnificent. I am so happy that he, Ryutaro and Tadashi are permanent members of the band since 1993! I can rejoice in their old music and wait for new albums. My favorite albums are Strange Fruits (Kimyou na Kajitsu)(1995) and Puppet Show (1998). Songs like Zetsubou Oka, Zange wa yokushitsu de, Anten, Kuchuu Buranko, Melt will always sound in my heart.
Hasegawa Tadashi
Arimura Ryutaro
      
Akira Nakayama



I wish you enjoy it, thanks for attention!  ヾ(。◕ฺ∀◕ฺ)ノ

No comments:

Post a Comment